Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lars von Trier, Dogville and Manderlay


You know why I love my brother? Because he knows that I hate leaving our office / sends me DVDs because I'm radically behind in watching films that are all the rage (since they often involve having to leave the office / venturing out into society). Anyway, he posted me Lars von Trier's Dogville and Manderlay last week. Both films are exceptional- I'd highly recommend them. If you are interested in/ fascinated by Brechtian cinema, post-modernism and the incongruity of human nature and idealism, you'll have your mind blown out by Dogville and Manderlay- the first two installments of von Trier's USA - Land of Opportunities trilogy. And, both movies have some of the best 'end credits' that I have ever seen. Pray for rain, stay in and watch these great films, Ben Pobjoy

Labels: , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home