Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Peter Saville- Many Thanks Owed



I don't know whether it was because I was raised on a solid diet of new wave music by British parents while growing up in Europe but Peter Saville's graphic design has long fascinated me- way before I became an arts nerd. I believe he's one of the best graphic designers of all time- and unbelievably talented in visually exemplifying the character of his clients (especially with regards to album packaging). His work is often sparse and minimal yet it is striking and commanding- and, he's a master of using the most suitable typefaces. To learn more about Peter Saville and his contribution to culture click here. Enjoy, Ben Pobjoy

Suede-

New Order-

Joy Division-

Labels:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home